Windows XP

Subject: Windows XP
From: Barbara Yanez <BarbaraYanez -at- cogentsystems -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 16:23:52 -0700

My experience has been that it is quite buggy.

My clip art ceased to function. I could not open clipart nor could I
download from the net. I went to the Microsoft site and found that this was
a known issue and there was already a patch. I downloaded it and it fixed
the problem.

Another problem that cropped up: Opening an application (Word, Outlook,
Excel) and trying to open a file, when I clicked the arrow to the right of
the directory tree box to navigate to another directory level, the box would
disappear and then the computer would freeze.

No one here could figure it out, Sooooo, since I was (1) cramped for time
and (2) getting fed up, I uninstalled XP and went back to 2000. This "fixed"
all the little glitches.

I think I will stick with 2000 till they get all (most) of these bugs worked
out.

Barbara Yanez
Documentation Manager
Cogent Systems, Inc.