RE: An observation about the writer-engineer relationship

Subject: RE: An observation about the writer-engineer relationship
From: KMcLauchlan -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:12:48 -0400

Jane offered:

More than once, I've been found sitting on the floor in the
photocopy room, surrounded by panels, trays, rollers... happily
brushing the crud off a pinch-roller or using some solvent
that probably shouldn't be used there... but it was always
impatience that drove me.

The same people who will pointedly ask me if that's the "best
use of [my] time" are the very people who bitch if I miss a
deadline because the lineup was too long at the remaining
copier/printer. Well, actually, that's history. Copiers and
printers are so cheap and ubiquitous nowadays that you can
always find somewhere to print those final sign-off copies.

But anyway, that kind of behavio[u]r wasn't directed by any
of my limited supply of gung-ho. It was always simple impatience
to get on with things.

Who needs whips? If you can just distill and bottle simple
impatience, think what a motivation tool you'd have. :-)

/kevin