Re: Do'ers and Doubters

Subject: Re: Do'ers and Doubters
From: "Larry Sherman" <lsherman -at- documentology -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 20:15:24 -0400

Andrew Plato wrote:

> Tech writers are a diverse batch - there is no question about that.
> However, I find that GOOD tech writers tend to be goal oriented AND good
> problem solvers. However, MOST tech writers are neither. They are just
> slugs that suck up useful air. But that is true of people in general. Most
> people are slugs.

<begin faah> Thank you Andrew, for a refreshing breath of putrid air blowing
through an otherwise obsessively correct list. <end faah>.

I suspect that Andrew is saying, in his inimical way, that most people are
followers, and that only a few leaders are truly goal-oriented
problem-solvers. On the other hand, slugs probably don't suck up air as much
as they aerate the soil in which us flowering leaders thrive and grow. So,
here's to slugs, and may they continue to slither in my garden.

Larry Sherman
Practising Docologist, Documentology