Re: Programs for Writing

Subject: Re: Programs for Writing
From: Win Day <winday -at- home -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 12:52:57 -0400

At 10:56 AM 16/10/2001 -0500, Cameron Consulting wrote:

I use MS Word for my documentation. To some this may seem like the wrong
product to use and I have found some complications with it over the years,
but the one client I work with would prefer that I stay in Word. Reason?
Word is one of the classes they teach and they like to be able to tell the
students that the book was written in Word...kind of an example of what they
will be able to do at the end of class I suppose. I was just wondering what
software you use to do your writing in? Word... PageMaker...

Ah, yes, the bi-annual tool war is about to begin...

I use Word. Always have. My clients wanted it. I like using it. I've successfully created and maintained 1000+ page documents in Word (and no, I don't use MasterDocuments).

Bought FrameMaker years ago in anticipation of a contract that I didn't win. Installed in on the PC I was using then, ran though the tutorials, and uninstalled it a month later. Best thing about that purchase was that it came with a full version of Acrobat, which I do keep up-to-date.

Win

Win Day
Multimedia Developer

http://www.creativeimplementations.com
mailto:winday -at- creativeimplementations -dot- com

New Mexico: attend the entire event or select a single day. For details and online registration, visit http://ieeepcs.org/2001