Re: Programs for Writing

Subject: Re: Programs for Writing
From: "Miriam McGinty-Lowe" <Miriam_McGinty-Lowe -at- MDSUK -dot- COM>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 10:05:17 +0100

When I was at university we had a whiteboard that had a 'print' button - at the
end of a brainstorming session, you could print off copies for everyone in the
room.
I think this concept has been expanded upon - my husband has just bought the
most fantastic whiteboard for his boardroom, which links to a projector and the
rooms computer. It comes with 3 whiteboard pens that contain no ink - instead
they are stored in different coloured trays at the bottom of the screen.
Depending upon which you use, the computer knows what colour to project onto the
board. You can call up an on screen keyboard if you wish to enter text, and you
can type or scribble on anything on screen (for example, powerpoint
presentations or word documents).
At the end of a session your amendments can be saved, and if you wish, will be
published at html files on your company intranet.
<Embarrassing confession> I have to admit that when my husband showed me this
system, I played with it for hours </Embarrassing confession>
If anyone is interested, I'll get the name of the system off him.

Miriam