Re: prototype for doc repository

Subject: Re: prototype for doc repository
From: "Elaine Brofford" <ebroffordsprint1 -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 04:38:33 -0600

"> I recognize that a prototype is generally some sort of
> working model, but I'm a bit confused as to where a
> good starting point for designing such a prototype
> would be.

Mike,

First, good luck.

Second, you need to get answers to many questions.
What are the goals of the person who asked you to
create the prototype? What does that person see as
most important? What resources will be available if
you implement? You should ask those types of questions.

Then you should look at the people who will use the
repository. When will they use it? How? Why? Do their
needs conflict with the goals set for the project? Whose
goals "count" in the organization?

Once you have more answers--or maybe you have
them now--you can begin to design your prototypes.
You can certainly create a paper prototype for the
electronic repository, test it, refine it, and move then to
a small electronic test to prove the concept.

Best of luck.

Elaine

--
Elaine Brofford
President

3194 S. Elmira Ct.
Denver, CO 80231

720-248-1003
ebroffordsprint1 -at- earthlink -dot- net