Re: lookin' for a PDF alternative

Subject: Re: lookin' for a PDF alternative
From: CHRISTINE ANAMEIER <CANAMEIE -at- email -dot- usps -dot- gov>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 12:37:37 -0400

> The PDF graphics, of course, display poorly . . .

They needn't display poorly. Image quality will depend on your source
image, what you do with it in Word (resizing it in Word is generally a
Bad Idea), what Distiller settings you use, and (for onscreen viewing)
what default magnification you set in Acrobat.

I usually don't say "go read the archives"... but we just discussed
this very issue in the last couple of weeks, so I know there's
relevant material there. (Usually I'd just do my PDF-graphics spiel,
but it's almost lunchtime.)

Christine