Re: Launch, Task Bar, and Other...

Subject: Re: Launch, Task Bar, and Other...
From: Iggy <iggy_1996dp -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 16:34:26 -0700 (PDT)

I missed the beginning of this thread, but why on
earth would anyone find "launch" or "taskbar"
OFFENSIVE? I think we're starting to really stretch
the meaning of certain words, especially "offensive",
which is probably why our society is what it is today.
But (quickly) back to technical writing, terminology
can be acceptable or unacceptable, but hardly
offensive. Using expletives to belittle someone's
mother might be offensive, but terminology such as
this is not and should not be.

--- "Claudine M. Jalajas" <Claudine -at- jalcompute -dot- com>

http://personals.yahoo.com