RE: Simple symbol question

Subject: RE: Simple symbol question
From: KMcLauchlan -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 09:35:45 -0400

But... but... but...

If you call 'em "brackets", then don't you find yourself
needing long-winded qualifiers for the other types?

"Put that in brackets."
"Um, you mean round brackets, square brackets or those curly things?"
"Oh, hell. Use parentheses."

In addition, isn't it long-winded to speak of "enclosing that
text string between less-than and greater-than symbols"?
I'd just say... "angle-bracket that variable".
(Don't you just hate casual verbization? Blecch! And yet.. :-)

Maybe a symbol can have more than one name, depending
upon context.

/kevin