Re: MS Word: Right aligning heading text in a numbered heading style

Subject: Re: MS Word: Right aligning heading text in a numbered heading style
From: Jo Francis Byrd <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 09:28:32 -0500

Not sure what makes it happen, Debra, but here's a thought for correcting it and making the heading do what you want.

Change the heading justification back to left, and put a right tab at the right margin. That way, when you type the heading number and press tab, the text will justify at the right margin. I just tried it (using Word 97) and it seems to work. Couldn't duplicate your problem, BTW.
HTH
Jo Byrd
www.byrdwrites.com <http://www.byrdwrites.com>

Pesach, Debra wrote:

Greetings!

My apologies for taking up cyberspace with a specific Word question, but
I've searched archives and Woody's Watch to no avail.

I have a numbered heading system (1., 1.1, 1.1.1, etc.) and the powers that
be want the text for the heading to be right aligned. Something that they
say is a heading style from WordPerfect.

Example (where the || is the printed page margins and all the text is on the
same single line):
||1. -> This is the Heading||
Although I can set the style to have a right-aligned margin, when I type the
text wraps to the next line as if I had a left-aligned margin.
Example:
||1. -> This||
|| is the Heading. ||

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to make this happen?
TIA.

~Debbie

New Mexico: attend the entire event or select a single day. For details and online registration, visit http://ieeepcs.org/2001