Re: Alternative style for long, form-based procedures?

Subject: Re: Alternative style for long, form-based procedures?
From: Jo Baer <jbaer -at- mailbox1 -dot- tcfbank -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 14:02:47 -0500

"Hart, Rowena" wrote, in part,

> I'm concerned that I will p***-off my users by
> using the MMoSTP procedural style, i.e. "In the
> Currency drop-down list, select the currency
> of this transaction." I suspect that this kind
> of detail is unnecessary, based on the level of
> financial knowledge the product's users will have.
> It also makes for *very long* procedures.

I don't know if this will help, and you'll have to imagine the illustrations,
but this topic has been covered definitively in the Dilbert comic strip. I don't
have the date.

Tina the Technical Writer (at computer): To insert a column, click the Column
Insert menu.

Tina, still at computer: But let's be honest, userboy, if you need to be told
*that,* you're too stupid to use this product.

Tina, to Dilbert: Have you reviewed the draft yet?

Dilbert: I'm up to the chapter titled "duh."

Jo

--
Jo Baer
Senior Technical Writer

Weakness Through Strength

Fanatics may defend a point of view
so strongly as to prove it can't be true.

Piet Hein