RE: Popups From Screenshots in Framemaker/WebWorks?

Subject: RE: Popups From Screenshots in Framemaker/WebWorks?
From: "David Knopf" <david -at- knopf -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 14:25:44 -0700

Paul Hoy wrote:

| Okay, I'm stumped. How does one create popups
| originating from images/screenshots in
| Framemaker/WebWorks Professional?
|
| Yes, I can create popups that open from text, using
| the cross-reference method. The problem is, the
| cross-reference method copies the cross-reference text
| into the text box which is over the screenshot.
|
| Any ideas?

You can do this by creating FrameMaker Hypertext markers using the 'newlink'
and 'gotolink' hypertext commands. These are correctly converted by WWP to
create imagemaps (or .shg files for WinHelp) in most supported output
formats.

HTH,

David Knopf (mailto:david -at- knopf -dot- com)
Knopf Online (http://www.knopf.com)
Tel: 415.550.8367

RoboHelp MVP & Certified RoboHelp Instructor
WebWorks Publisher Certified Trainer
Member, Sun's JavaHelp 2.0 Expert Group
Member, eHelp's RoboHelp Community Advisory Board
Co-moderator, HATT & wwp-users