Re: Getting a Client to Pay

Subject: Re: Getting a Client to Pay
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 20:42:42 -0400

david -dot- locke -at- amd -dot- com wrote:

> I never said I was a lawyer. And, I wouldn't and certainly can't do this without a lawyer. But, so many people have negative opinions of lawyers they don't know what is even possible, or where problems are likely. In previous discussions on this issue, nobody ever said that an injunction is even possible, so everyone forgets that they have a copyright and that it isn't just a matter of getting paid.
>
> It's great to hear that the dollar amount isn't an issue.

I certainly did not have any intention of insulting you. If I did I
apologize.
The best way of finding a competent lawyer is to get a recommendation
from someone whose opinion you trust. You might want to check your local
bar association for references. Also, there is a publication called
Martindale-Hubbell, which in addition to providing legal information,
rates lawyers. The highest rating is AV.

--
Peter
Mailto:peternew -at- optonline -dot- net

Adapting old programs to fit new machines
usually means adapting new machines to
behave like old ones.