RE: Need help please

Subject: RE: Need help please
From: "Gilger.John" <JGilger -at- acresgaming -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 12:04:30 -0800

Nancy,

Here, at Acres Gaming, we have marketing copy writers who work in the
marketing department to produce whatever the marketing team needs.

I don't believe they have written any white papers about technical
issues, but then again, I don't read their stuff.

My team documents our products for our customers' users and our support
team.

Perhaps you can get your VP to understand that you are talking about two
very different audiences. He needs the marketing crew to produce company
propaganda aimed at the prospective customers' purchasing departments.
You need to produce accurate, factual information that is useful to your
customers' users and your tech staff. Hopefully, your VP is intelligent
enough to realize the difference. You may want to remind him that the
last time he purchased an automobile, there wasn't a single shop manual
displayed on the sales floor. Conversely, the last time his car was in
the shop there weren't any slick, glossy brochures in the mechanics'
work areas, only in the customer waiting area.

HTH

John Gilger
Senior Technical Writer
Acres Gaming, Inc.