Re: POLL: A question of rhetoric (not a rhetorical question)

Subject: Re: POLL: A question of rhetoric (not a rhetorical question)
From: "Karen E. Black" <kblack_text -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 16:36:58 -0500

I favour positive phrasing. You get more flies with honey than vinegar.

But you get the most flies with manure; what does Marketing have to say?

From: "Roy Jacobsen" <rjacobse -at- microsoft -dot- com>
I'm satisfying my curiosity here. When discussing the limitations (as
opposed to the capabilities) of a product, do you favor positive
phrasing (e.g. "You can assign at item to only one group.") or negative
(e.g. "You can't assign an item to more than one group.")?

In thecontext of discussing the limitations of a product, which conveys
the information most clearly and forcefully?

custom cover design, and distribution to 25,00 retailers. Join our almost
10,000 published authors today. http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr