Re: how to index multi-book PDFs?

Subject: Re: how to index multi-book PDFs?
From: Iggy <iggy_1996dp -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 14:58:13 -0800 (PST)

If these are true online documents why not use
Catalog? Otherwise, if packaged as one PDF, go with
one index. You can do this somewhat easily with
FrameMaker. Email me off-list for more info, as it
could get extremely long.

--- "Schieler, Eric" <eschieler -at- opentv -dot- com> wrote:
> How would you index a document set (3000 pages, 3-7
> books) packaged as a
> single PDF file? Would you provide a separate index
> for each book, or one
> cumulative index for all books in the PDF? Why?

Find a job, post your resume.
http://careers.yahoo.com

custom cover design, and distribution to 25,00 retailers. Join our almost
10,000 published authors today. http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr