RE: entering tech writer field

Subject: RE: entering tech writer field
From: "Tracy Boyington" <tracy_boyington -at- okcareertech -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 11:26:53 -0600

Kathryn, though the profession (and this list) is tends to be
concentrated in hardware/software writing, those are not your only
options. Tech writers are used in many different fields, and many
writers don't have - and don't *need* - extensive programming knowledge.
If there's a content area you are particularly interested in,
concentrate on gathering knowledge in that area instead.

~~~~~
Tracy Boyington tracy_boyington -at- okcareertech -dot- org
Oklahoma Department of Career & Technology Education
Stillwater, OK http://www.okcareertech.org/cimc

>>> Kathryn Hall <KHALL -at- mail -dot- hartford -dot- edu> 11/19/01 09:45AM >>>
I've taken some HTML and JavaScript
classes, but don't have the hard programming background most tech.
writers seem to possess. I'd love to get that kind of background, but
am afraid I won't have it by the time I'll be doing my job search. Any
ideas about where to find jobs that aren't afraid to hire writers
looking to get more
"technical"?