Re: Notes, tips, and warnings... oh my!

Subject: Re: Notes, tips, and warnings... oh my!
From: edunn -at- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 14:00:33 -0500

While Cautions and Warnings may be liability issue, perhaps we should think of
them as stop signs or speed limits on streets.

Stop signs are required at dangerous intersections and busy pedestrian
crossings. Speed limits are imperative for school zones, residential areas, and
dangerous roads.

Start placing Stop signs in the middle of deserted roads because people drag
race on them or lowering the speed limit because the previous limit was ignored
and you lower the respect for important and required safety devices.

All this to conclude: Use your head. Think about the organization of your
procedure and how it is built. There's no magic formula of this is good that is
bad. It all depends on context and application.

Eric L. Dunn