Back Again

Subject: Back Again
From: "Paul Moloney" <paulmoloney -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 14:35:10 -0000

Almost three months to the day after being
laid off, I finally secured a new job in
a mobile commerce company. I noticed that
the job scene in Ireland has been very slow, and
then suddenly I got three interviews in the
one week. Whether this is just a coincidence
or actually a sign of recovery, I'm not qualified to
say. Anyway, it's a relief to get something
before my savings started to run out.
Thanks to the many who sent letters
of encouragement. And if anyone out
there in Ireland gets laid off soon, drop
me a line; I'm sure I can help you with
advice (plus a database of agency
contact details you can import into your
address book!).

Anyway, I'll be keeping up with this group
as much as I can in my new job, since
I'll have to hit the ground running there.
Any tips for starting in an established
company that already has a writer and
a documentation set? (In my last firm
I was the sole writer in a startup).