RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: KMcLauchlan -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 13:05:44 -0500

Sometimes, it comes down to a choice between waiting
long enough to produce a perfect interface, or shipping
"good enough" while the market window is still open.

I'll gladly document a few product foibles if it
means getting the product out this year, saving the
company, saving my job and the jobs of everybody
around me and, incidentally, giving the customer
something they need/want and are willing to pay for.

The alternative is to come up with a perfected solution
to a problem/opportunity that was valid a couple of
years ago and has slid into historical obscurity in
the wake of companies that DID get something usuable
out there when it was needed/wanted.

Strangely, our investors seem to agree with the former
strategy and disagree strongly with the latter.

You do the best you can, with the time and resources
available... and you document it the same way... and
you kick it out the door and start on the next revision.
Or does it work differently for some of you?

/kevin