Re: Ethics and Job-Hunting

Subject: Re: Ethics and Job-Hunting
From: Jo Francis Byrd <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 11:14:25 -0600

One place I KNOW I wouldn't work, that I'd dig latines first, is for the drug company that manufactured and marketed the Phen Fen (or is it the other way around?) sh...er...crap that promised easy weight loss. The company KNEW this crap had the potential to cause health problems or even kill its victims.

My sister-in-law is dying because of those diet pills. The settlement from the company won't give her back her life, just make her dying more comfortable. When I invest in mutual funds, I check the portfolio to make sure that company is not included. I will not knowingly do ANYTHING to help that company.

Jo Byrd

Collect Royalties, Not Rejection Letters! Tell us your rejection story when you submit your manuscript to iUniverse Nov. 6 -Dec. 15 and get five free copies of your book. What are you waiting for? http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr