Re: Ethics and Job-Hunting

Subject: Re: Ethics and Job-Hunting
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 12:34:28 -0800 (PST)

> >I work at Avaya. Would someone who knows the telecom market
> >automatically assume that I am violently anti-Nortel?
> >
> No, but, as I suspect you know, the relation Linux and Microsoft is
> very different than that between Avaya and Nortel.

I don't know and not at Avaya or Nortel! We have posters in the sales
department advertising to sales that they can win Superbowl tickets
and other goodies if they replace a Nortel system, and built into
their compensation are bonus plans for same.

At the same times, they don't care about MS or Linux, and neither
does most of the world. You see it as a BIG issue because you are in
the middle of that smaall part of the world. Those who are not don't
see it that way.

My brother is a sous-chef at the NY Hilton and they do millions of
dollars of food services per week...maybe more than the billing of
some Linux companies. He probably hasn't heard of Linux. My mother's
world, right now, revolves around Yorkies...she probably thinks Linux
is that cute little Peanuts character.

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer

http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1