RE:Follow-up to Linux experimentation thread

Subject: RE:Follow-up to Linux experimentation thread
From: TJ Alias <tom_the_techwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 10:28:41 -0800 (PST)

Bruce,

Thanks for posting the Linux article link! It was an
encouraging sign to those of us who are looking for
that OS alternative.

I've been playing with Linux-Mandrake lately myself,
but I'm still such a newbie at it, that it's a little
comical. I've vowed that I will switch to Linux
completely (at home anyway) as soon as I believe that
I can meet all my computing needs with it.

So far, it looks like there's software for every
purpose--except desktop publishing. anybody hear of
anything good yet?

Thanks,

TJ

<<<Message to Which I am Replying>>
A week or so ago, people were talking about trying
Linux. Here's a link
that experimenters might find interesting:

http://www.crn.com/Sections/CoverStory/CoverStory.asp?ArticleID=31793

"'You're poisoned,' they said, 'with needless
dissent,'
My system rejected the lies that they sent"
-Tommy Sands, "Humpty Dumpty Was Pushed"

http://greetings.yahoo.com