RE: Nuance

Subject: RE: Nuance
From: "Sean O'Donoghue-Hayes (EAA)" <Sean.O'Donoghue-Hayes -at- ericsson -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 10:03:16 +1100

right prepare for a joyous rant - Hallelujah....

Well good to see we are all back on an even keel now.....and other than
Andrew himself no response to my mythical user email - I would have thought
that was warranting of more attention than Tracy's well weighed and keenly
edged piece of literature - hell I even threw in a bit of corporal
punishment in there - where are the bleeding heart liberals when you rattle
their cage!!! Andrew gets them biting every time he throws a hook in the
water - must be the bait I use, I guess....

Tracy's article didn't necessarily come across well to people who don't know
technical writers - but I suspect ALL of us have at one time or another been
in that position of suddenly being showered in the golden light of
revelation - almost poetical - except when it seems it always occurs just
after you have delivered the documentation as occurred with Andrew and some
one says..."wouldn't it have been good if" or "well of course it ALSO works
that way" or "yes your completely correct except for....".

Reminds one of those dreaded management interviews where they begin "First
of all I would like to say you are doing an excellent job, but....."

now to much deeper problems - I note that Andrew has twice used the
expression "I am a moron" in emails. This is getting very seriously, I
suggest that we re-animate his depleted ego - which is obviously suffering -
I mean if he says something three times by his own high code of honour and
conduct it must be done!!! So Everyone - all of you out-there when you get
this email clap your hands once, and say, just loud enough so the developer
in the next cubicle thinks you loosing it, "Andrew is a fine human
being"....and imagine that you are giving him a big supportative hug!!! At
the very least Andrew should be bathed in a warm glow...at best we may
manage to crease his high-powered, wide shouldered, Armani suit. Within a
few moments of this I am sure Andrew will regain his composure, accuse us
all of being bleeeeeeeeding heart liberal communists who wish to bring down
free trade with our wimpy half-efforted unfocused humanistic ambitions -
and shall order the security guards of his being to cast us and our sloppy
support from his being,... and he shall once more become the man of steel
with the exacting chainsaw of truth regarding commercial realities that we
know him for. (god did I just end that in the word "for" - if it was golf
that would be fine - someone else can complain about that, and then fix it
up!).

And to Tracy - I must say a few words, despite the vocal textual support for
this lady we must do as we have always done with intelligent witty self
assured woman - I will be leading the march to the post, the faggots of wood
have already been placed around the post - once she is chained there we can
have a good satisfying witch burning - bring marshmallows it's a true
community get together.....oh and as the friendly neighbour organising this
I believe I get rewarded by the authorities with her possessions - so I'll
take her office chair, the stapler, and the white-out (even if it does make
a mess of pc screens).

Now back to work all you slackers, give your employer the sweat from your
brow, the blood from your heart, the tears from your eyes - and stop even
thinking about union-ising, else we have the boyos round later with the
baseball bats (we all going to baseball training officer, we big baseball
fans...) to discuss the finer point of union rhetoric and industrialism and
post communism capitalism....

regards and thanks,
Sean O'Donoghue-Hayes

"the guy wearing the t-shirt with the arrow saying "I'm with stupid"...who
hasn't realised yet that he is standing in front of a mirror...."