Re: no degree equals demotion

Subject: Re: no degree equals demotion
From: Iggy <iggy_1996dp -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 05:43:01 -0800 (PST)

I think your case deserves special attention in your
company. You *are* working toward the degree, and have
put in 4 years of work, which I'm guessing were 4 good
years that the company has benefitted from.

I would talk to your manager and the HR manager to
settle this. I think the demotion based on degree
alone is not a wise or fair decision. If your work
meets or exceeds that of the other writers who have
degrees, then this is an unfair change.

Will your pay be cut as a result?

Also, formal education does not equal a better
technical writer. I've known some damn good technical
writers - some senior level - who never even went to
college.

Good luck! Please let us know how it goes.

http://greetings.yahoo.com