RE: Being Seen -- RT*M

Subject: RE: Being Seen -- RT*M
From: tvirostko -at- familydollar -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 17:25:19 -0500

From: "Karen E. Black" <kblack_text -at- hotmail -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 14:24:11 -0500 says:

Something similar happened to me recently: a newer co-worker told me that
the technical writers, wherever he worked, knew as much or more about the
technology and the systems as anyone. I like being the polyglot.

Nice to hear that some people value us!!

I'm on Digest, so I just read this thread Monday morning, but it made me
wonder if anyone else has seen the Lexus commercial I saw over the weekend
which was set in a Poetry Reading coffee shop. The Lexus owner gets to the
mircophone and starts reading the MANUAL!

Now, that's being seen!

Antony Virostko
IT Technical Writer
Family Dollar Stores, Inc.