Costing Proposals

Subject: Costing Proposals
From: "Sue" <skirk -at- iprimus -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 13:53:18 +1000

Hi Everyone

I had a meeting this morning with a prospective employer to write some
course units against the National Competencies Framework(Multimedia
Curriculum). There is a plethora of potential work with this company
both in re-writing from Diploma level down to Certificate levels, to
instructional design and writing of customised courses.

Ok so my dilemma? he threw a Manilla folder of "stuff" at me (the
written material for the unit that applies at Diploma level) and said
give me a proposal on how you would go about rewriting this unit to a
Cert III level and cost it! I have one day to do this. The problem is
not in the re-writing I looked over the material and it can be re-used
and simplified with probably very little additional work (famous last
words) However, how on earth do I cost this? I am used to charging an
hourly rate and bear in mind that this could end up being quite a
lucrative ongoing contract with this Company. I don't want to tie
myself down to a set fee as the various units will vary in complexity
and workload naturally. I'm sure you get the general idea. HELP PLEASE
!

Thanks in advance

Sue