Re: When the thesaurus attacks...

Subject: Re: When the thesaurus attacks...
From: Tom Moye <tommoye -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 07:38:04 -0500

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001 22:00:06
"M Rassmussen" <mrassmussen -at- hotmail -dot- com> wrote:
> INVOKE the software
>RELOCATE a window to an undisplayed area.
>
> She thinks my points are silly, but I think it boils down to keeping it
> simple. What do you fine people think? Should she keep those verbs or go
> with my WONDERFUL suggestions?

I agree that you should keep it simple. The argument that I usually
invoke around work is, "A lot of our customers don't speak English as a
first language." Subject + Verb + Object is not necessarily bad.
If you work somewhere where documents are actually localized, you can
argue that simplicity and consistency will help the translators do a
faster, better job.
--
Tom Moye <tommoye -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Strafford, VT