Re: Why use screen shots at all? [WAS Survey: "Screen shots"]

Subject: Re: Why use screen shots at all? [WAS Survey: "Screen shots"]
From: "Jonathan Soukup" <JSoukup -at- at-track -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 09:59:09 -0600

11-Dec-01 4:34:48 PM, KMcLauchlan -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com wrote:
>I got tired of bitmap issues related to screen-caps,
Why not get rid of the screen caps altogether?

I think this goes back to education theory. For people to learn, they have to be exposed to information or taught information in some way. For some people, they primarily learn by reading. For others, they primarily learn by hearing. And still, some will only learn by seeing or doing.

So your job as a teacher (or writer) is to provide this information/education in as many different ways as possible so as many students as possible will learn and understand the information.

Boy that's a mouthful. This theory was explained to me several times during my youth in Texas public schools and again in an education course in college. Maybe someone in here with an education degree can comment on this.

-Jonathan Soukup