RE: Quality of source material from Development

Subject: RE: Quality of source material from Development
From: "Nora Merhar" <nmerhar -at- charlesindustries -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 09:33:13 -0600

Sigh...

Ya know, some of us AREN'T writing software documentation! I practically
have a party every time I get to do some software documentation because it's
so much easier to work on!

OTOH, in general I will not be allowed to go outside and drill holes in the
wall to install an RT. Luckily I can go and see the sequence of LEDs when a
system comes up, and I can provision the product--but for the most part, I
HAVE to take the engineers' word for it when they say "use this combination
of switches to set up the COT for EPREP mode". There are plenty of things
about Telephony I don't completely understand--but I could become a remote
installer for Ameritech right now...

I have been on this list off and on for much of its existence. When I
rejoined earlier this year, I was amazed at how little it has changed, and
how easily I can predict the responses of some of the long-time members. It
can be an excellent resource--however, I have decided NOT to feel inadequate
any more when my experience does not reflect that of many of the other
members of the list.

Nora
nmerhar -at- charlesindustries -dot- com