RE: Encouraging users to read online help

Subject: RE: Encouraging users to read online help
From: "Secara, Maggie" <Maggie -dot- Secara -at- indymacbank -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 09:02:37 -0800

The problem in this case seems to be just getting them to hit the F1 key.
BNothing in the design can make that happen. It's sometimes amazing to
discover howm any people aren't even aware there IS a help function in their
software. Yes yes, I know, the word Help is sitting right there in the menu
bar, but still...

Using help should be included in training. Not separate training on how to
use help, no. But it would be nice if the trainers would incororpate the
concept as they went along. Too many trainers, in my experience, seem to
think that if they taught it, you learned it. You shouldn't need the help.
You took their class!

Just my tuppence ha'penny.

Maggie Secara

<snip>