RE: Batch converting image references in Frame

Subject: RE: Batch converting image references in Frame
From: "Jason Deal" <jason -at- mitratech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 12:37:41 -0800

Thanks everyone! The MIF conversion seems to do exactly as I'd like.

At 03:36 PM 12/18/01 -0500, Tom Johnson wrote:

If you find out changing the Distiller compression settings doesn't give you
the results you need. You save the Frame file as a MIF and then do the
search and replace, it should work. Once you start messing with the Frame
binaries, you mess up the checksum. MIF lets you edit in ASCII. All you have
to do is save the changes in your text editor and then open it with Frame.
Don't forget to change the filename extension from .mif to .fm.

Disclaimer: I've done this to change links for drawings in the same format,
but I haven't tried linking to a new drawing with a different format. It is
worth a try at least to find out if your plan is workable.

Tom Johnson
231-264-5661 voice
231-264-5663 fax

Work johnsont -at- starcutter -dot- com
Personal tjohnson -at- i2k -dot- com

Collect Royalties, Not Rejection Letters! Tell us your rejection story when you submit your manuscript to iUniverse Nov. 6 -Dec. 15 and get five free copies of your book. What are you waiting for? http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr