RE: Tech writing course in vo-tech curriculum

Subject: RE: Tech writing course in vo-tech curriculum
From: "Secara, Maggie" <Maggie -dot- Secara -at- indymacbank -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 15:09:01 -0800

LOL, I came into this profession sideways, too, but I've been writing since
I was a little girl. My dad was a tech writer (who started out as a science
teacher. So I did have a clue.

What kicked off the thought, though, was these same wannabe techwriters
expecting you to not only teach them about TW tools and methods, but how to
spell, punctuate, and in fact write a simple declarative sentence. What a
world. :-)

Maggie