RE: Including content of one file of HTML in another?

Subject: RE: Including content of one file of HTML in another?
From: "Richard Smith" <Richard -dot- Smith -at- windriver -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 11:42:44 -0800

Yes, they must have JavaScript enabled. As to how many have it disabled, I
have no hard stats, and would treat any I saw with real skepticism. This is
why the tools like webwasher are so popular. There are inevitably some
useful scripts that you want to run, and the two approaches browsers
offer--ALL or NONE--don't fit that need very well.

This is the real downside to client side solutions. The client must have the
features you need, and have them enabled. I think JavaScript is your best
bet if you have no server side functionality or access. There are definitely
better solutions if you have Perl or other server side options available.

Richard Smith

> It seems pretty elegant and simple, but it does require that
> your visitor arrive with JavaScript enabled. What proportion
> of those visitors have it turned off?

custom cover design, and distribution to 25,000 retailers. And it's
affordable. Join our almost 10,000 published authors today.
http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr