RE: tech writer to software developer

Subject: RE: tech writer to software developer
From: G Satyashree <SatyashreeG -at- InterraIT -dot- COM>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 19:52:43 +0530

Sure. Me for one. I have my Masters degree in English Literature and thats
it. I began as an Editor, moved into the IT indistry and became a Technical
Writer specializing in Instructional Design, and then a li'l bit of testing,
and am now a Software Developer.

I haven't yet become a pessimist so I'd say it's not as grim as as it looks.
I'd add that it's worse if you're a consultant. At the same time its also
true that when layoffs strike, writers and testers are probably the
first/worst hit.

What I've learnt in my 5+ years of experience is that if you're really good,
then you needn't fear. Adaptability, Flexibility, and being the best at
however trivial/complex a task is what takes you places.

If you have any specific questions, you are welcome.

-satya

custom cover design, and distribution to 25,000 retailers. And it's
affordable. Join our almost 10,000 published authors today.
http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr

Sponsored by eHelp Corporation, makers of RoboHelp - the industry standard
in Help authoring. Download a trial version today or get special savings when
you buy the RoboHelp 2002 Holiday Edition. Visit http://www.ehelp.com/techwr