RE: What's been the most valuable course you have taken?

Subject: RE: What's been the most valuable course you have taken?
From: Matthew Horn <mhorn -at- macromedia -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 16:22:42 -0500

+1 on high school typing class as being important to me. In the early days it landed me data entry jobs, then later office temp work, which all innevitably led me to a career in computers.

After that, it would have to be my classes on World War 2. And then Art History. Ooooh, then Jewelry Making. And Myth & Culture!

>>Also, is there any obvious preference for knowledge gained from a course as
>>opposed to knowledge gained from self-study?

I believe that professional-level classes often fall waaaaaay short of their objectives and merely serve to provide professionals with vacation time. I have never learned as much in a $3000 course than I have out of a $30 book. Different strokes, I guess.

-m
-str
-macr