Re: Local Networking

Subject: Re: Local Networking
From: "Diane Evans" <diane_evans -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 17:26:50

David Bazell wrote:

I am not in Colorado but this made me think. Is there any way within
employment section of the web page people could list contact information by
state or something. This might be fun.

Comments?

You might look around to see if there is a networking group already. Here in Seattle, I discovered www.digitaleve.org. When I was suddenly laid off last Wednesday (anyone want to hear my horror story?), I immediately contacted the Digital Eve group. They went to bat for me with messages of sympathy, and several job referrals. I have at least one interview today (possibly a second, just waiting for the phone to ring!).

Something to think about....

Diane Evans, no longer with LockStream (which may not be in existence past January 18th).