Client woes: a question to ask yourself...

Subject: Client woes: a question to ask yourself...
From: "Paula Puffer" <pap -at- binkleybarfield -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 11:58:49 -0600

Dick,

Having worked with Bryan at the same company, I think he was saying it
tongue-in-cheek. However, when I interviewed with said company, I was
asked if I was comfortable being around and working on large equipment
and knew how to use basic tools such as a wrench and screwdriver --
legitimate questions for this job since sometimes you had to take things
apart and put them back together again. I had the experience since I
grew up around farm equipment and used to help my dad, who was a long
haul trucker, when he was working on his tractor or trailer.

That being said, there were technical writers there, who even though
they had the mechanical skills, shouldn't have been working on those
trucks. Although intelligent, they didn't have the common sense for it.
Most of the time, we had a mechanic who was assigned to help us.

Paula
*remembering the anti-freeze incident that led to mechanic getting hired
in the first place*