RE: Business cards (was RE: A brief intro and a question)

Subject: RE: Business cards (was RE: A brief intro and a question)
From: "Ehr, Meg" <Meg -dot- Ehr -at- smartworks -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 15:10:52 -0500

Rebecca Stevenson asked about business cards:

> My question now is, would it make any sense to include the technologies
I'm good with as part of that information?

Once upon a time, when I was looking for a job in a different field, I
attended a professional conference. I printed up some basic cards on my
laser printer to take with me. The usual contact info was on the front, and
on the back, I listed my main qualifications *very* briefly (bullet points,
actually). Not sure if the cards helped at all, but I *did* get a job as a
direct result of attending that conference.

I think if your cards are to be a networking tool, some skill info would be
good. That way, anyone who might get your card will have at least some idea
of what you're capable of doing for them, at which point they can request
your resume for further details.

Meg Ehr

RoboHelp for FREE, through January 15th. RoboHelp can import your existing
Help projects! Learn how else RoboHelp can benefit you. www.ehelp.com/techwr