RE: Paragraph spacing in Word

Subject: RE: Paragraph spacing in Word
From: awyatt -at- dcomp -dot- com (Allen L. Wyatt)
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 10:11:09 -0500

Lil asked:
Do any of you have a solution? Or ideas? As soon as I get this done I can
get back to writing technical documentation...

Allen says:
I typically only put space after on all my paragraphs. The exception is for
headings, where I put some extra space before as well. I have found this to
be acceptable for most general-purpose documents.

The problem you are having, of course, doesn't fall into the category of
"general-purpose document." Most documents have at least one paragraph of
text between headings, and therefore don't have the compound effect of
paragraph spacing so evident. Unfortunately, there is no way that I know of
to get away from the compound effects of paragraph spacing. Your
semi-solution of creating special-purpose heads is certainly a reasonable
one, but it does complicate matters for others using the template.

-Allen Wyatt
Learn the tools of the trade! Get WordTips and ExcelTips for free.
http://www.VitalNews.com/WordTips/
http://www.ExcelTips.com/