Re: Online Help for a J2EE server-side application

Subject: Re: Online Help for a J2EE server-side application
From: Peter Kleczka <pkleczka -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 12:02:22 -0800 (PST)

Debra

If you understand enough about writing HTML
without a tool, then writing your help as
WebHelp with embeded jsp tags could be a
real benifit. It is indeed free of
client-side issues, and can be made
context-sensitive via the embeded jsp
tags. The developers may have to write
some servletts or extend the existing ones
though to support the type of information
you'd want to use. But perhaps I'm going
way beyond answering your question here.
IMHO WebHelp is a much better answer than
JavaHelp and I can't see any reason to
use JavaHelp over WebHelp, especially if
you can tap into jsp portion from within
your html files.

HTH
Pete Kleczka (pkleczka -at- yahoo -dot- com)

--- "Pesach, Debra" <DPesach -at- hq -dot- row -dot- com> wrote:
[snip]...
> The app is a server-side (servlet/database driven)
> application that requires
> help to be called from jsp pages.
[snip]...
> My questions are:
> Does this leave me with using a WebHelp (or whatever
> the flavor of the day
> is for browser independent HTML-based help) type
> online help method?
> Is the programmer incorrect and I could use JavaHelp
> without a need for any
> client-side components?
> Am I missing something major here?

Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!