Re: IMAP method

Subject: Re: IMAP method
From: Andrew Plato <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 00:29:53 -0800 (PST)

> Are you confident with the Information Mapping (IMAP) method?

I am confident its dumb.

> Do you use it in your work?

Yes, but we call it common sense.

> What is your experience with it?

I took it on a date in 12th grade. She was nice, but her dad wanted her
home at 10:30. So we listened to Led Zepplin and I showed her my Van Halen
mirrors.

> Do you recommend it?

As as topic of endless ridicule: YES!
As something to use at work: well...

IMAP is like using a mouse. If you don't know how to use a mouse, you have
bigger problems then not knowing how to use a mouse.

> My team and me are well trained on IMAP and we wonder if we should use
it or
> not.

How about you just organize information into logical sections and break
down complex ideas into small, simple groups of text. That's a lot easier
than information mapping.

> We are currently working with WORD 2000 and it may bring some problems
with
> the tables handling.

Well, stop handling them so much. They need love and attention, like a
puppy or a colony of ants.

I am weird tonight. This is what happens to people when they spend hours
and hours starting at log files from IDS'es trying to find out why some
knucklehead in Holland is pinging the hell out of your SSH ports.

Andrew Plato

Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/