RE: FrameMaker and MS Word

Subject: RE: FrameMaker and MS Word
From: "Lisa Wright" <liwright -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 09:26:31 -0800

Ah, see, now I've learned something new. Template browser, eh?

Actually, I put my efforts to learn Frame into the "how not to learn
software" category. I was cocky, because the only two desktop app
classes I had to take were Acrobat and PageMaker. All other programs
I've been able to pick up on my own and become somewhat skilled with
(though never at the guru level like lots of folks on this list).
Anyway, I tried to learn Frame the same way--open program, create a new
doc (using the "Portrait" template :) ), start playing with menu
options, dabble in the book now and then.

I didn't realize at first that Frame simply didn't fit into any of my
conceptual models and that I should maybe try to *learn* it instead of
hacking around. Once I did that, I was much better off, but I'm still
operating in "give me only what I need to know" mode.

Steve, I also recommend that you join the Framers list. You'll learn a
ton just by reading all the posts.

Thanks Chris! (I do sympathize with your Word pains--it makes me nuts a
lot.)

Lisa