RE: A brief intro and a question

Subject: RE: A brief intro and a question
From: Kat Nagel <katnagel -at- bluefrognet -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 12:27:15 -0500

At 12:18 PM -0500 1/10/02, Michele Marques wrote:

Kat Nagel writes note to depend on the job boards, because it is a last
resort, when they have completed internal circulation, etc.

I think that depends on the company. Smallish companies don't have as many
people from which to get internal leads. At one place I worked, positions
were posted internal briefly, then went onto the job boards - and afterwards
to ads and other means of recruitment. The job boards were seen as the least
expensive external method, and, thus, an early choice.

Michele Marques

Interesting. Around here, very few company TW positions get posted to the big job boards. They might post ads for engineers or software developers that way, but rarely post non-developer positions. The rare ads for Rochester TW jobs that appear on dice or monster or jobsonline are almost always from agencies. Local companies do, however,often post open TW positions on their own company web sites. I run periodic sweeps through my bookmark file of local companies, and so I've picked up a few leads that way.

/K@ katnagel -at- bluefrognet -dot- net
--
"Susan was sensible. It was, she knew, a major character flaw."
-- from "Thief of Time" by Terry Pratchett

Attention ForeHelp and Doc-to-Help Users! Upgrade your existing product to RoboHelp for FREE, through January 15th. RoboHelp can import your existing Help projects! Learn how else RoboHelp can benefit you. www.ehelp.com/techwr