Instructor-Led Training Manual

Subject: Instructor-Led Training Manual
From: rhoggan -at- lewis -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 16:45:26 -0600

Greetings,

My company will be releasing a new product to an audience we have never
targeted previously. A portion of the documentation suite accompanying the
product includes training manuals. Our training department has several
buzz-words they use, yet I get the impression they don't really know what
they mean. These words include "modular" and "instructor-led" training.

After several months of going the rounds, we finally agree on "modular".
And now it is time to focus on "Instructor-Led". I have my own opinion as
to what an instructor-led training workbook contains, but would like to see
your opinions as to the typical core elements of such a book. If possible,
I would like to see what you think the differences are between a self-paced
"on your own" workbook and an instructor-led workbook. I am told the
workbook is to be left-behind for reference material, so that already makes
me think it is not just an instructor-led workbook.

If it helps any, we will also have the following documents for this
application:
* Online Help (Field Version on CE Device)
* Online Help (Office-Side Version on Server and Workstation)
* Process Guide (Quick Reference Cards for most frequently used features)
* Technical Administrator Guide
* System Administrator Guide and/or Workbook

The Field Version of Online Help and the Process Guide will be available to
the target audience of the Instructor-led training courses.

Finally, apologies and disclaimer:

I checked the archives previous to the email with keywords "Instructor,
Instructor-led, Training, Training Manual, Self-paced". I didn't pull
anything up of great worth. If somebody has better keywords, please let me
know.

RoboHelp for FREE, through January 15th. RoboHelp can import your existing
Help projects! Learn how else RoboHelp can benefit you. www.ehelp.com/techwr