RE: Training in Speaking (was: What should I wear for a phoneintervi ew?)

Subject: RE: Training in Speaking (was: What should I wear for a phoneintervi ew?)
From: "Paula Puffer" <pap -at- binkleybarfield -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 12:51:34 -0600

I was active in Speech and Drama Competitions while in high school.
Didn't do much with it in college the first time around. The second time
around most of my technical writing classes included Presentations and I
got better.

However, probably the best training I got was working at a local
Art School as an HTML and Dreamweaver instructor. I learned that
preparation is truly the key to good speaking. I recently had to do a
presentation as part of the strategic planning for the non-profit I
volunteer for. The preparation for the presentation paid off in that I
gave the group the background they needed to understand my point of
view, highlighted Key points, and stayed focused on the discussion at
hand.

Paula Puffer
Binkley & Barfield, Inc.
(713) 869-3433
pap -at- binkleybarfield -dot- com
http://www.binkleybarfield.com

RoboHelp for FREE, through January 15th. RoboHelp can import your existing
Help projects! Learn how else RoboHelp can benefit you. www.ehelp.com/techwr