RE: Error Message Appendix

Subject: RE: Error Message Appendix
From: "Kane, Beth" <Beth -dot- Kane -at- ncslearn -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 10:53:07 -0600

Yes -- I have written troubleshooting guides that include error message
tables, with the errors in alphabetical order. The columns in the table
were:

Error Message
Possible Cause
Suggested Solution(s)

Of course, I agree that more accurate and descriptive error messages are BY
FAR the best solution, but at the time, we had to work with what was there.
Sometimes I've had to explain a few major errors in the Readme file, as
well.

Beth Kane
Sr. Tech Writer
NCS Learn, Services/Systems Engineering