Re: Gray hair and first impressions

Subject: Re: Gray hair and first impressions
From: Annamaria Profit <inteltek2 -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 07:47:54 -0500

Pat,

Dying your hair would help with the interview impressions, but every company is doing credit checks now, and even if you have great credit, your birthdate is on the top right hand corner of the report. That gives them access to most of your personal records, including health insurance claims. So if they're screening for age or health issues, which most are, you will be eliminated.

At 11:04 PM 1/17/02 +0000, wordsync -at- swbell -dot- net wrote:

I would like to ask you women out there if you've run into bias
because of age or the fact that your hair is gray. I would also like to
ask
any men on the list who are in hiring positions to weigh in on the matter.

Annamaria Profit
E-mail: inteltek2 -at- earthlink -dot- net
"Where it is possible, live in peace with all men."