Re: Lingua Franca Today

Subject: Re: Lingua Franca Today
From: "Dana Worley" <dana -at- campbellsci -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 09:38:35 -0700

Kelley Wrote:

> None of this is to say, of course, that I'm advocating that lingua franca
> should be included in TW. in fact, I have explicitly said, several times,
> that i don't think it should.

>From the Welcome Notice we all received when coming to the list:

(for additional information, see Responsibility of Members and Rules for
Posting)

* Stay focused on the topic. Other people didn't subscribe to this list for anything
other than professional discussions about technical communication, and it's
your responsibility to do everything in your power to remain focused on that
topic.

* Post only appropriate messages. If it's not clearly about technical
communication, it's not appropriate for this list, regardless of how critical or vital
it may seem to you. Make the connection explicit if necessary.

* Respect other people's time. If the correct usage/word/information is in a
standard reference book that you have, look it up rather than asking 4000 other
people to look it up for you. If you've already done your homework, then say so
explicitly.

* If it relates to _language use_ but not technical communication, it probably
isn't appropriate. Don't post it.

Since it has been pointed out more than once that the document in question is
not a technical document, that this discussion is not about technical writing,
then why???? do you insist on continuing?????

(sorry to add to the continuation of the thread....!)

Dana W.