Re: Word 97 - Visio 5 Problems

Subject: Re: Word 97 - Visio 5 Problems
From: CHRISTINE ANAMEIER <CANAMEIE -at- email -dot- usps -dot- gov>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 13:13:46 -0500

Microsoft has a Knowledge Base article about the "float over text" issue in Word
97, with a macro that changes the default:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q163/8/08.asp

I don't recall whether this changes the behavior of the Edit > Paste commands,
or whether you need to actually run the macro itself... if the latter, I'd
assign a shortcut key to it (even Ctrl-V).

(An alternative: I started using Insert > Picture > From File instead of
pasting and haven't run into this problem since.)

The MVP FAQ site has info on this issue that includes Word 2000:
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/DrwGrphcs/InlinePasteSpecContent.htm

HTH,
Christine